Having friends spend the day at your pool is fun, and it is a big responsibility. Being a guest that is kind and respectful to the host, their home, and other guests is a sure way to be invited back again! Here are some tips to do just that.
- Don’t show up uninvited.
- Do arrive on time.
- Don’t expect your host to feed you.
- Do respect the requests of the host.
- Do, parents, make sure your child can swim and is supervised.
Preparing to Swim
- Do make sure your suit fits properly.
- Do make sure your suit is not too revealing or transparent.
- Do have a cover-up.
- Do shower before you swim.
- Do use the restroom when needed.
- Do bring and use your own sunscreen.
- Do bring your own towel.
- Do keep your things together.
- Do bring your own beverage and snack.
Around the Pool
- Don’t run, push, or be rowdy.
- Don’t yell and scream.
- Do be aware of younger or inexperienced swimmers.
- Do visit with everyone.
- Don’t splash those watching or sunbathing.
- Don’t eat or drink in the pool.
- Don’t put small items in the pool.
- Don’t dive or jump into the pool from the side.
- Do practice safety.
Ending the Swim
- Don’t overstay your welcome.
- Do put pool away toys and/or equipment.
- Do dispose of trash properly.
- Do dry off before entering the house.
- Do take all your belongings with you.
- Do thank your host.
©2013 What Would Mrs King Do? If you would like to use this article in your newsletter or blog, you may do so. Please include our credit information: Written by Deborah King, What Would Mrs King Do? © Copyright 2013. I would also appreciate it if you would send us a copy for our files to [email protected].
Speak Your Mind